When someone I know announces they are pregnant or looking to start a baby registry. I send them this list of baby items that I have accumulated over the past several years. These are items that I have personally used, or recommend, after experiencing some I was not a fan of… The amount of baby items you can register for are endless and it can be very overwhelming. I hope this list can help guide you in the direction your looking for when starting your registry.
***Yes this is lengthy*** But I promise you.. If you are looking for a start, this is very helpful
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to help!
- Diaper Bag: Fawn Design Diaper Bag. Love this bag! It can be worn as a messenger or backpack and it cleans well. I currently always wear it like a backpack and it’s amazing. I actually had a Kate Spade bag prior to finding these on Instagram and I just had to have it!
- Baby Monitor: Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode. Or another favorite is the Owlet Baby Monitor It has a little sock that attaches to the babies foot and measures their oxygen levels and notifies you if your baby is having trouble breathing.
- Strollers: Britax B-Agile & B-Safe Travel System– This stroller is nice, affordable and easy to collapse. I do wish at times I had bought a stroller that allows multiple configurations (ability to hold more than 1 kid) If you have the money to splurge I would recommend the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller. It gets wonderful reviews and has the ability to hold multiple kids with out becoming a mini van for a stroller.
- Britax Vehicle Seat Protector
- Britax Stroller Organizer
- Britax Seat Saver Waterproof Liner (buy one for leaks and blow outs!)
- Britax Head & Body Support Pillow (nice if baby is born during the winter, too hot for summers)
- Diaper Pail: Ubbi Diaper Pail. We have had this for 2.5 years, works great and contains the smell. Bonus, it takes any garbage bag!
- Changing Pad: Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
- Floor Seat: Bumbo Floor Seat and Play Tray Set. We used this till she could really sit in a highchair by herself. Great thing to bring to friends/family house that doesn’t have any baby seating (small and easy)
- Pack and Play: Phil and Teds Traveller I decided against the big and bulky pack and play. This one is super light and comes with a great bag to travel with. You wont regret this buy if you are looking for a pack and play.
- Bassinet/Moses Basket: Delta Childrens Sweet Beginnings Bassinet (Walmart) Affordable and practical. It comes on wheels and if you have wood floors this is an amazing feature. We would cart Olivia around the whole house in it. The height is great for the side of the bed and you do not have to bend over to pick them up. If you have the money to splurge a lot of my friends have and love the Halo Bassinet .
- Moses Baskets are becoming really popular these days. Plum and Sparrow make beautiful handwoven moses baskets if your in the market.
- Baby Swing: MamoRoo Olivia loves this and everyone always gets a kick out of the modern looks of it. It has multiple settings swing settings and plays music.
- High Chair: Mama and Papas Juice 2 in 1 high chair. Cleans well and converts to a cute little chair when you are done using it. If you have the money to spare another one I would recommend is the Stokke Tripp Trapp the seat is adjustable and lets be honest it looks great!
- Baby Carrier: I bought one that could only be worn a certain way and I regretted that. Buy ones that your baby can be worn in multiple ways. Ones that friends love Solly Baby Wrap, Wild Bird and Sakura Bloom.
- Sound Machine: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine has 12 high-quality soothing sounds to help your baby drift to sleep.
- Changing Pad for on the go: Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station is perfect for diaper bags and also holds the supplies you need. If you are looking for something smaller check out Gathre-Great company that also makes mats in multiple sizes for a variety of uses and cleans great.
- Skip Hop Grab and Go Wet/Dry Diaper Bag (great for soiled diaper and clothes)
- Changing Pad Liners: Boppy Changing pad liners, 3 count. I have tried multiple brands and these are the best. You will want these on your changing table for accidents!
- Burp Cloths: Dundee Burp Cloths. Trust me on this one… Buy these! They work great and hold everything. I would buy a few cute ones for your diaper bag but when you are at home you will want to use the Dundee brand. We still use them to this day to clean up Olivia after meals.
- Bibs: Copper Pearl makes the softest and cutest bibs for babies and are perfect for teething.
- Bibs for toddlers: Buy bibs that are waterproof! We used Bumkins and OXO
- Swaddles: Modern Burlap, Petit Pehr and Aden & Anais are ones that I recommend but there are so many awesome companies that sell them.
- Pacifiers: Buy a variety of these. Every baby is different and some will never take one. Philips Avent Soothie , WubbaNub, and Natursutten
- Pacifier Wipes- I used Dr. Brown’s Pacifier and Baby wipes. You will want these in your diaper bag!
- Nipple Butter: Earth Mama Baby Natural Nipple Butter (this will save you!!!)
- Nursing Bras: Coobie Comfort Bras While these are not aimed to be nursing bras they are seriously the most comfortable bras to wear (wireless) I wore them while pregnant and nursing.
- Nursing Bra Pads: Bamboobies Buy the machine washable ones! Disposable ones are so uncomfortable and the washable ones are eco friendly. I recommend buying at least six sets.
- Breast Pump: Medela Breast Pump backpack is what I used. Everyone who
- Bottles: We used Medela, Nuby Comfort and Life Factory. The nice thing about the Life factory ones (though pricy) you can turn them into sippy cups after bottles. Bottles can be tricky and so can the nipples… You might have to try multiple ones before you find one that works.
- Drying Rack: Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack
- Bottle Brush: OXO Tot Bottle Brush
- Nursing Cover/High Chair cover/Car seat cover: These companies have great prints and are multi functional! Milk Snob, Copper Pearl and Covered Goods are great multi use covers for breastfeeding, covering your babies car seat when they are itty bitty and high chairs
- Breastfeeding Pillow: Boppy Bare Naked Pillow I recommend buying two covers
- Boppy water resistant protective cover
Health & Baby Care
- Lotions and Butt Cream: I use Burts Bees for every day lotion and butt cream. For extreme rashes I recommend Boudreaux’s Paste maximum strength (this works wonders for bad rashes)
- Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive
- Baby Wipes: Pampers Sensitive Wipes. I have tried a lot of wipes and texture wise these are the best.
- Nasal Aspirator: BoogieBulb Baby Nasal Aspirator. This one comes apart for easy cleaning and you can throw it in the dishwasher! Another one that everyone loves is NoseFrida (but hey sucking the snot out is not for everyone)
- Thermometer: Braun Forehead Thermometer
- Humidifier: Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Clippers: Safety First Steady Grip Infant Clippers
- Tub: Boon Naked Collapsible Bath Tub– we set this tub up on our counter until Olivia was about six months then moved it into the tub. I loved this tub and never had any problems with it… Just make sure it is “locked” and you will not have any issues with it. Plus, you can’t go wrong with the looks of it and the added hanging feature.
- Towels: I always recommend (6) for babies. You can get the Circo newborn hooded 3 packs from Target for a good deal. We would line the tub with a towel when she was really little, and then apply a warm washcloth over her belly to keep her comfortable. (I would even run the shower on high to steam the room) We used these towels till she was about 12 months old.
- Once she got bigger we upgraded sizes and currently have 2 in the rotation. Companies I would recommend: Aden and Anais, Copper Pearl and Modern Burlap. They are cute, comfortable and wash well.
- Washcloths: Aden and Anais makes great, comfortable washcloths and I love the size of them.
- Bath Tub Thermometer: I would say this is a must have! It lets you know the temperature of the water and even turns colors when too hot or too cold. We bought the Ozeri Turtlemeter floating thermometer and love it. I have bought this thermometer for several friends.
- Bath Products: I used a lot of Burts Bees products. The smell is amazing and it is gentle on the skin.
- Bath Mat: Skip Hop Play Mat
- Bath Toys: Boon Odd Ducks are wonderful because there are no holes! Which means no mold! Nuby Bath Tub animals, Nuby Octopus Bath Time Toss and Munchkin Little Boat Train
- Bath Toy Basket: OXO Tot Bath Toy Storage
- Baby Food Books: If you plan on making baby food check out com. The recipes are amazing! We would make bulk in everything and freeze it. Little Foodie is her book sold on Amazon. It was my favorite book of recipes! Olivia loved 99% of them
- Trays for Baby Food: Tovolo ice cube trays (6-8 qty.) These work great for freezing the recipes.
- Silicone Feeders: Great for teething babies! We used the Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder. We would stick a lot of frozen fruit in here for her to chomp on.
- Fruitsicle Tray: Nuby Garden Fresh Frutisicle Tray . These are awesome! Perfect for your teething baby or if you want to change things up with food introductions. We still use these for my 2.5 year old!
- Sippy Cups: Nuk Learning Sippy Cup one of the better ones on the market as far as spill-proof. OXO Tot Twist Cup we used once she got older and still use these at times. Nuby Thirsty Kid Flip-It Boost Cup: We have the pink flamingo one and LOVE it! Holds a lot of water and doesn’t spill when in my diaper bag.
- Bowls: We used a variety some companies to check out Avanchy, Nuby, and OXO
- Plates: We have a lot plates from Pottery Barn kids. They hold up and wash well.
- Silverware: OXO TOT Silicone Feeding Spoons were my favorite when Olivia was little. For perfect untensils that kids can use themselves when little are NumNum Pre-Spoons Olivia did well with these. Currently we use Nuby Stainless Steel.
- Placemate: Summer Infant Tiny Diner Portable Placemat. These are wonderful to carry in your diaper bag! Perfect to lay on restaurant tables! We used ours all the time
Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorite must haves or recommendations?