I have been eyeing DockATot’s since I discovered them a few years ago on Instagram. I knew it was something I wanted for my next baby and something I wished I had for my daughter Olivia. My daughter Olivia napped liked a champion but did not sleep through the night till she was 11 months! Through friends and social media I heard these things were magical and helped babies sleep better. So of course when I found out I was pregnant with Violet I had to have one with hopes of having a better sleeper the second time around. I fell in love with the La Vie En Rose print found on their website here and shown below. This model is the Deluxe which is recommended for babies 0-8 months old.
To save $10 off your DockATot use this link here
We started using our DockATot the first night we came home from the hospital. I wanted Violet close to us but also wanted to know she was safe while we were sleeping. She slept inside the DockATot in between my husband and I. Of course I had to rock her to sleep before I moved her but the important thing is (to me) she stayed sleeping. The DockATot made it easy for me to breastfeed in the middle of the night and comfort her by just reaching over to let her know I was close by. After a few weeks I tried to get Violet to sleep inside her bassinet by herself and she would just squirm around and cry. So I moved the DockATot inside the bassinet and low and behold she went right to sleep! She likes the closeness and comfort that the DockATot brings. We have a queen bed so it was a bit tight at night with all of us (currently shopping for a king size bed and super excited about it).
Some of the reasons why I love it:
- It’s lightweight and easy to bring into any room (even Olivia can grab it for me when I ask her)
- Easy to clean and wash
- Violet had a poop explosion the first night she used it and I was sooo worried it was going to stain after the first time using it. I put some oxi-clean on it, washed it right away and then air dried it. It came right out!!! It was also super easy to put back together and did not lose the shape.
- I can travel with it
- We have already traveled once with it and it was perfect! It’s nice to have something she will recognize when being away from home thats not bulky or super heavy.
- DockATot makes travel bags that you can find here. On my list to purchase but just used the bag it came in for the time being.
- She can sleep in it and hang out in it
- You can buy different covers instead of replacing the whole thing when needed
- Violet can hang out inside it when I need to get things done around the house and big sister can hang out with her with out having to pick her up
A little bit about DockATot:
- DockaTot is a multi-functional lounger, co-sleeper and playtime lounger
- It comes in two sizes
- Deluxe 0-8 months old
- Grand 9-36 months old
- Handmade in Europe, designed in Sweden
- Tested for breathability
- OEKO-TEX certified
- All natural, 100% cotton
- Ideal micro-climate for babies and tots
- Grand is perfect for toddler bed transitions
Below is the Deluxe (on the left) and the Grand (on the right) in the print that we have. Be sure to check out the variety of prints for boys, girls and gender neutral ones on their website.
To save $10 off your DockATot use this link here
***I received product compliments from DockATot. All these opinions and views are formed from my own opinion
I hate to admit this but my daughter eats better than me! I honestly believe it was from making all of her baby food fresh from the start. She was eating kale, broccoli, squash, cinnamon, you name it and she liked it! Yes, it takes time but if you make it in batches you can easily have enough for a month. I would commit to making it usually on the weekends so the hubby could help or keep baby occupied.
My favorite and only book I used is called Little Foodie by Michele Olivier. You can check out her website and blog here . This is not an ad, she has never paid or sent me anything. I just really love her recipes and her passion for making fresh healthy food. You will not regret buying this book it is the best! This book is not just for babies… Her recipes go all the way up to finger foods and include smoothies. Michele’s recipes are full of flavor and are easy to follow along. Most of them make big batches which I love!
If your looking for some easy products to use when making baby food you can check out Nuby’s Garden Fresh Steam N’ Mash Food Prep Bowl and Food Masher. You can purchase here
About the product:
- Set includes Easy Grip food masher, colander, and textured, non-skid steaming bowl which holds up to 9 fl oz. of food
- Perfect for parents who want to make fresh baby food quickly and in their own home
- You can feed your baby from the bowl or snap the lid on and store for later
- 6 Months+
- Phthalate Free, BPA Free
If you plan on making your baby food in bulk I recommend buying at least 6 of these. It will make your life easier. Why I love these trays… You know how much your baby is actually eating. (Each cube is 1 oz) I would freeze the trays for a few hours, pop out the cubes and store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. I made sure to label the bag with dates and what exactly the recipe was. (some of the recipes can stay in the freezer for a few weeks some cant) It was also nice to freeze them because we would just throw a few in a bowl when we would go out to eat and by the time we were eating they would be thawed out. You can buy them here
About the product:
- Freezer tray features nine 1 oz. compartments for storing baby food
- Snap-on Stay Fresh lid preserves flavors and nutrients and helps prevent freezer burn
- The soft flexible tray makes it easy to pop out the portions straight from the freezer
Colors may vary. You will receive one of the following colors: Orange, Green, Blue, or Pink
- 4 Months + / BPA Free
These Nuby products are the perfect items for making baby food fresh! The little garden masher set is something I would recommend buying to to test recipes before making big batches. Thankfully Olivia loved 99% of the recipes in this book. Make sure to check out Michele’s website for some free recipes and you can order her book on Amazon! I gift it to all my girlfriends who plan on making baby food.
Since Olivia was a baby she has had little bumps on the back of her arms and thighs. It’s a dermatitis she gets from her mama. I have tried endless bath soaps, creams, and lotions that claim to work for sensitive skin but never do the trick. I came across Itchy Baby Co. Instagram page last month and knew right away this was something I had to try! Her genuine reviews and pictures are truly incredible. Their products are 100% natural and contain no hidden chemicals.
You can check out Itchy Baby Co website here Right now they are offering some great deals! Use code “bathsoak20” for 20% off individual bath soaks or their bath assortment pack (which comes with a free marshmallow soak with purchase)
Bath Soak Selections:
“Bathe daily with itchy baby co. natural bath soaks to give your child’s skin the most amount of moisture to help relieve itchiness and dryness.”
- Natural Oatmeal Bath Soak (Contains natural colloidal oatmeal)
- Natural Oatmeal Bath Soak with Goats Milk (Contains natural colloidal oatmeal and full cream goats milk powder)
- Natural Oatmeal Bath Soak with Goats Milk and Organic Coconut (Contains natural colloidal oatmeal, full cream goats milk powder, and organic coconut flour)
- Natural Oatmeal Bath Soak with Marshmallow Root (Contains natural colloidal oatmeal and marshmallow root powder)
Natural Oatmeal Moisturiser “Moisturise immediately after bathing with itchy baby co. natural moisturiser while the skin is still damp. Our moisturiser will melt into the skin and help lock in the goodness from our itchy baby co. bath soak, as well as mixing with the skin’s barrier to stop water loss & keep triggers out.”
Natural scalp oil “Our natural scalp oil is packed with the goodness of oat extract, which forms a barrier to trap hydration and help prevent water loss. The natural properties of coconut can prevent the skin flaking and calm itchiness while calendula oil adds soothing nourishment.”
**This product also works wonders directly on Olivia’s dermatitis. I apply it on her thighs and arms after bath time. Her thighs have almost cleared up completely!
*New Product Alert*
Natural Oatmeal Face Mask “Our natural face mask is packed with the goodness of colloidal oatmeal which hydrates the skin & targets itch & irritation. the added vitamin e heals & strengthens the skin.”
In a few weeks I plan to upload some before and after pictures of Olivia’s thighs and arms so you can check out the results for yourself! This company is the real deal for sensitive skin and ecezma. Olivia tried the marshmallow soak first and we are just about out of it (it has last us about a month for reference)
Today, Freshly Picked just released two new styles!!! How amazing are these Bow Moccasins and Penny Loafers?! Each style is available in three different colors. Shown here are the Frosted Rose Bow Moccasins and the Slate Penny Loafers. You can check out the other colors and their website here
Okay! It is giveaway time!!! The winner may select ANY style and size in stock here. This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram. Open to US residents only. Winner is not eligible if they have won a Freshly Picked giveaway in the past 60 days
- To enter please follow both little.miss.oh & Freshly Picked on Instagram
- Tag (3) friends only
- *** For a bonus entry follow my blog and comment on the pair you would pick
- Giveaway will end July 29th 9pm CT
I have partnered up with Freshly Picked to show you a new style. This Tuesday, the 25th they are releasing loafers and bows! We are so excited to show you how the loafers look and talk about them. Olivia had some much fun adding coins, sticks (yes sticks ha) and flowers to her loafers. That is all part of the fun! How amazing are both these styles?! The Rose Gold will definitely be added to Olivia’s wardrobe as well!
Over the weekend we went to a Botanical Garden and I thought this would be the perfect place to test them out. There was gravel, water, mud etc. and they survived through it all! You could hardly tell she wore them and they cleaned up so nicely! The elastic band around the ankle makes it easy on everyone to put on and take off the moccasins. These beauties will definitely be a staple in your little ones closet.
A sneak peek video was just released on their Instagram page yesterday – FP will be offering three colors in each of these styles!!! Who else is in LOVE?!! This beauties will not last long. You can check them out and follow them on Instagram They have a current giveaway going on their page right now!!! Be sure to enter
A little bit about the company:
Freshly Picked got started in 2009 by Susan Petersen and if you are a fan of Shark Tank (like I am) you might have seen her story on there. They currently sell Moccassins, Mary Janes, The first pair (newborn) and Sandals. They offer a premium leather shoe for babies and toddlers. They have the CUTEST prints and colors which makes it impossible to own just one pair in each size. If you follow along on Instagram, they are always having amazing giveaways and looking for fun ways to give back to their loyal customers.You can check out Freshly Picked current styles here and be sure to act fast on the 25th!
Speaking of giveaways… I will be hosting one on my page this week! The winner may select a Freshly Picked Moccasin of their choice that is currently in stock (Instagram is not associated with this giveaway) The winner must not have won any Freshly Picked giveaway in the past 60 days
Follow along our Instagram page here
I’ve partnered up with Freshly Picked and some awesome shops on Instagram! Stay tuned for a sneak peek on a new moccasin FP will be releasing next week!
I’ve also teamed up with these Instgram shops to style the perfect outfit, from head to toes!
Shops on Instagram: Hellocharlybows-Londyn Designs-RyderplusRowan-FreshlyPicked
***Freshly Picked giveaway next week AMD A Mommy and Me themed giveaway coming soon!! You won’t want to miss it. Follow us on Instagram @little.miss.oh
I have teamed up with Instagram Shop “Babyswatchus” to giveaway this adorable watch!!! Olivia has one and absolutely loves it. “Its just like Daddys” The other day when we were getting ice-cream people were asking her what time it was “time for ice-cream” and “time to go home” I can not wait to hear more from her haha. This age is truly so fun! They make ones for girls, boys and even have gender neutral ones! Some even have rattles inside for your itty bitty babes. Check out their website link Use code: FREESHIPPING on your first purchase. Seriously they are even cuter in person!
Some information about the watch
– All Babyswatch products are made of 100% organic cotton and chemical-free long fiber balanced weave cotton fabric that is ultra soft, breathable and nonirritating against your baby’s skin.
– Graphics are printed in high definition resolution with a non-toxic dye that doesn’t fade, rub off or rinse out.
– Certified compliant with children’s product safety requirements in a Children’s Product Certificate (CPC) based on test results from a Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) accepted laboratory – BPA free, latex free, phthalate free and lead free.
– Hand wash cold and air dry. One-size-fits-all for ages 0 to 6.
– Not recommended for teething
*Instagram is not affiliated or a sponsor with this giveaway*
If you would like to enter head to our Instagram account (little.miss.oh)
Olivia and I made watermelon fruitsicles the other day and boy were they yummy!!! The Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicles Tray is perfect for babies and toddlers. I wish I would have known about this set when she was a baby! We made all of her food and this would have been a nice change up for her. These watermelon fruitsicles are healthy and super easy to make!!! Plus, your little one can join in.
- 1 pound of Watermelon
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
I cut the watermelon into smaller pieces before adding to the blender, then added the lime juice and then the sugar. I blended the mix until it was slushy but recommend you blend it well for babies. This recipe is for a larger batch. We used the tray and then another popsicle set I had. *Freeze for a solid four hours before checking them.
About the product
-Includes four freeze-and-feed popsicle molds with handles shaped perfectly for -little hands
-Perfect for fresh homemade puree popsicles – turn fresh fruit/veggie puree or juice into 1 fl. oz popsicles
-Wide popsicle-holder base catches drips as the popsicle melts to reduce the risk of messes
-Great for teething babies to help soothe sore gums
-6 Months + / BPA Free
A few stores that sell them: Buy Buy Baby, Amazon, Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond
Send me some of your favorite recipes!! Would love to try some out
When someone I know announces they are pregnant or looking to start a baby registry. I send them this list of baby items that I have accumulated over the past several years. These are items that I have personally used, or recommend, after experiencing some I was not a fan of… The amount of baby items you can register for are endless and it can be very overwhelming. I hope this list can help guide you in the direction your looking for when starting your registry.
***Yes this is lengthy*** But I promise you.. If you are looking for a start, this is very helpful
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to help!
- Diaper Bag: Fawn Design Diaper Bag. Love this bag! It can be worn as a messenger or backpack and it cleans well. I currently always wear it like a backpack and it’s amazing. I actually had a Kate Spade bag prior to finding these on Instagram and I just had to have it!
- Baby Monitor: Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode. Or another favorite is the Owlet Baby Monitor It has a little sock that attaches to the babies foot and measures their oxygen levels and notifies you if your baby is having trouble breathing.
- Strollers: Britax B-Agile & B-Safe Travel System– This stroller is nice, affordable and easy to collapse. I do wish at times I had bought a stroller that allows multiple configurations (ability to hold more than 1 kid) If you have the money to splurge I would recommend the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller. It gets wonderful reviews and has the ability to hold multiple kids with out becoming a mini van for a stroller.
- Britax Vehicle Seat Protector
- Britax Stroller Organizer
- Britax Seat Saver Waterproof Liner (buy one for leaks and blow outs!)
- Britax Head & Body Support Pillow (nice if baby is born during the winter, too hot for summers)
- Diaper Pail: Ubbi Diaper Pail. We have had this for 2.5 years, works great and contains the smell. Bonus, it takes any garbage bag!
- Changing Pad: Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
- Floor Seat: Bumbo Floor Seat and Play Tray Set. We used this till she could really sit in a highchair by herself. Great thing to bring to friends/family house that doesn’t have any baby seating (small and easy)
- Pack and Play: Phil and Teds Traveller I decided against the big and bulky pack and play. This one is super light and comes with a great bag to travel with. You wont regret this buy if you are looking for a pack and play.
- Bassinet/Moses Basket: Delta Childrens Sweet Beginnings Bassinet (Walmart) Affordable and practical. It comes on wheels and if you have wood floors this is an amazing feature. We would cart Olivia around the whole house in it. The height is great for the side of the bed and you do not have to bend over to pick them up. If you have the money to splurge a lot of my friends have and love the Halo Bassinet .
- Moses Baskets are becoming really popular these days. Plum and Sparrow make beautiful handwoven moses baskets if your in the market.
- Baby Swing: MamoRoo Olivia loves this and everyone always gets a kick out of the modern looks of it. It has multiple settings swing settings and plays music.
- High Chair: Mama and Papas Juice 2 in 1 high chair. Cleans well and converts to a cute little chair when you are done using it. If you have the money to spare another one I would recommend is the Stokke Tripp Trapp the seat is adjustable and lets be honest it looks great!
- Baby Carrier: I bought one that could only be worn a certain way and I regretted that. Buy ones that your baby can be worn in multiple ways. Ones that friends love Solly Baby Wrap, Wild Bird and Sakura Bloom.
- Sound Machine: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine has 12 high-quality soothing sounds to help your baby drift to sleep.
- Changing Pad for on the go: Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station is perfect for diaper bags and also holds the supplies you need. If you are looking for something smaller check out Gathre-Great company that also makes mats in multiple sizes for a variety of uses and cleans great.
- Skip Hop Grab and Go Wet/Dry Diaper Bag (great for soiled diaper and clothes)
- Changing Pad Liners: Boppy Changing pad liners, 3 count. I have tried multiple brands and these are the best. You will want these on your changing table for accidents!
- Burp Cloths: Dundee Burp Cloths. Trust me on this one… Buy these! They work great and hold everything. I would buy a few cute ones for your diaper bag but when you are at home you will want to use the Dundee brand. We still use them to this day to clean up Olivia after meals.
- Bibs: Copper Pearl makes the softest and cutest bibs for babies and are perfect for teething.
- Bibs for toddlers: Buy bibs that are waterproof! We used Bumkins and OXO
- Swaddles: Modern Burlap, Petit Pehr and Aden & Anais are ones that I recommend but there are so many awesome companies that sell them.
- Pacifiers: Buy a variety of these. Every baby is different and some will never take one. Philips Avent Soothie , WubbaNub, and Natursutten
- Pacifier Wipes- I used Dr. Brown’s Pacifier and Baby wipes. You will want these in your diaper bag!
- Nipple Butter: Earth Mama Baby Natural Nipple Butter (this will save you!!!)
- Nursing Bras: Coobie Comfort Bras While these are not aimed to be nursing bras they are seriously the most comfortable bras to wear (wireless) I wore them while pregnant and nursing.
- Nursing Bra Pads: Bamboobies Buy the machine washable ones! Disposable ones are so uncomfortable and the washable ones are eco friendly. I recommend buying at least six sets.
- Breast Pump: Medela Breast Pump backpack is what I used. Everyone who
- Bottles: We used Medela, Nuby Comfort and Life Factory. The nice thing about the Life factory ones (though pricy) you can turn them into sippy cups after bottles. Bottles can be tricky and so can the nipples… You might have to try multiple ones before you find one that works.
- Drying Rack: Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack
- Bottle Brush: OXO Tot Bottle Brush
- Nursing Cover/High Chair cover/Car seat cover: These companies have great prints and are multi functional! Milk Snob, Copper Pearl and Covered Goods are great multi use covers for breastfeeding, covering your babies car seat when they are itty bitty and high chairs
- Breastfeeding Pillow: Boppy Bare Naked Pillow I recommend buying two covers
- Boppy water resistant protective cover
Health & Baby Care
- Lotions and Butt Cream: I use Burts Bees for every day lotion and butt cream. For extreme rashes I recommend Boudreaux’s Paste maximum strength (this works wonders for bad rashes)
- Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive
- Baby Wipes: Pampers Sensitive Wipes. I have tried a lot of wipes and texture wise these are the best.
- Nasal Aspirator: BoogieBulb Baby Nasal Aspirator. This one comes apart for easy cleaning and you can throw it in the dishwasher! Another one that everyone loves is NoseFrida (but hey sucking the snot out is not for everyone)
- Thermometer: Braun Forehead Thermometer
- Humidifier: Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Clippers: Safety First Steady Grip Infant Clippers
- Tub: Boon Naked Collapsible Bath Tub– we set this tub up on our counter until Olivia was about six months then moved it into the tub. I loved this tub and never had any problems with it… Just make sure it is “locked” and you will not have any issues with it. Plus, you can’t go wrong with the looks of it and the added hanging feature.
- Towels: I always recommend (6) for babies. You can get the Circo newborn hooded 3 packs from Target for a good deal. We would line the tub with a towel when she was really little, and then apply a warm washcloth over her belly to keep her comfortable. (I would even run the shower on high to steam the room) We used these towels till she was about 12 months old.
- Once she got bigger we upgraded sizes and currently have 2 in the rotation. Companies I would recommend: Aden and Anais, Copper Pearl and Modern Burlap. They are cute, comfortable and wash well.
- Washcloths: Aden and Anais makes great, comfortable washcloths and I love the size of them.
- Bath Tub Thermometer: I would say this is a must have! It lets you know the temperature of the water and even turns colors when too hot or too cold. We bought the Ozeri Turtlemeter floating thermometer and love it. I have bought this thermometer for several friends.
- Bath Products: I used a lot of Burts Bees products. The smell is amazing and it is gentle on the skin.
- Bath Mat: Skip Hop Play Mat
- Bath Toys: Boon Odd Ducks are wonderful because there are no holes! Which means no mold! Nuby Bath Tub animals, Nuby Octopus Bath Time Toss and Munchkin Little Boat Train
- Bath Toy Basket: OXO Tot Bath Toy Storage
- Baby Food Books: If you plan on making baby food check out com. The recipes are amazing! We would make bulk in everything and freeze it. Little Foodie is her book sold on Amazon. It was my favorite book of recipes! Olivia loved 99% of them
- Trays for Baby Food: Tovolo ice cube trays (6-8 qty.) These work great for freezing the recipes.
- Silicone Feeders: Great for teething babies! We used the Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder. We would stick a lot of frozen fruit in here for her to chomp on.
- Fruitsicle Tray: Nuby Garden Fresh Frutisicle Tray . These are awesome! Perfect for your teething baby or if you want to change things up with food introductions. We still use these for my 2.5 year old!
- Sippy Cups: Nuk Learning Sippy Cup one of the better ones on the market as far as spill-proof. OXO Tot Twist Cup we used once she got older and still use these at times. Nuby Thirsty Kid Flip-It Boost Cup: We have the pink flamingo one and LOVE it! Holds a lot of water and doesn’t spill when in my diaper bag.
- Bowls: We used a variety some companies to check out Avanchy, Nuby, and OXO
- Plates: We have a lot plates from Pottery Barn kids. They hold up and wash well.
- Silverware: OXO TOT Silicone Feeding Spoons were my favorite when Olivia was little. For perfect untensils that kids can use themselves when little are NumNum Pre-Spoons Olivia did well with these. Currently we use Nuby Stainless Steel.
- Placemate: Summer Infant Tiny Diner Portable Placemat. These are wonderful to carry in your diaper bag! Perfect to lay on restaurant tables! We used ours all the time
Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorite must haves or recommendations?
Welcome to my blog! A little bit about myself… My name is Rebecca and I am a stay at home mother to a beautiful little girl named Olivia. My husband is active duty military and we just moved to Iowa after being in the south for over 7 years! Bring on the snow. We are waiting for our rainbow baby ❤ and looking forward to growing our family. I have a Business Administation degree with a minor in Marketing and a Fashion Merchandising degree. Family means everything to me and I am really close to them.
I love to shop, decorate and host parties! With my new love for Instagram, I figured it was time to create a blog. My daughter Olivia reps for some great shops and I will be featuring some here. Keep a look out for some fun giveaways! I have a creative mind and when I start to type my punctuation may lack a bit (for all you people out there that are freaks about it, just look away) I am here to have fun!
I plan on sharing a variety of things from kids items to party planning
Thank you for reading xoxo